(Note: for BOR approval)
BSU as an International Smart University engendering graduates to walk the intergenerational highways
BSU cares to: Challenge Innovation, Advance Technology and Facilities, Revitalize Administration, Engender Partnership, and Serve Intergenerational RoleBSU cares to: Challenge Innovation, Advance Technology and Facilities, Revitalize Administration, Engender Partnership, and Serve Intergenerational Role
Goals & Objectives
Goal I: Challenge Innovation in the four-fold functions of the University
1. (Instruction) To provide quality education responsive to the needs of time
2. (Research) To enhance research productivity contributing to sustainable development
3. (Extension) To disseminate relevant research outputs and other scholarly activities consistent with BSU’s mandated programs
4. (Production) To promote sustainable and appropriate resource generation strategies for the implementation of development plans
5. (Administration) To advocate for resource management and effective energy efficiency in addressing the demands of climate change
Goal II: Advance Technology and Facility by shaping the University become responsive to modern needs
1. (Instruction) To use information and communication technology learning resources to sustain and enhance quality of alternative teaching - learning continuity endeavors
2. (Research and Extension) To upgrade facilities and enable researchers/extensionists to conduct activities using specialized facilities
3. (Production) To acquire and update state-of-the-art facilities in the projects innovation
4. (Administration) To upgrade facilities and establish modern physical infrastructures
Goal III: Revitalize Administration by harmonizing performance monitoring, information, and reporting systems
1. To elevate the BSU PRIME-HRM to a level of excellence for good governance and efficient public service
2. To reinforce transparency, integrity, and objectivity in the delivery of service
3. To regenerate instruction, research, extension, production, linkages, governance, management, and policies
4. To streamline operations to be efficient, effective, and responsive to challenges and changes
Goal IV: Engender Partnership by proactively strengthening linkages
1. (Instruction) To establish academic partnerships with local, regional, national and international institutions providing educational opportunities for faculty, staff, and students
2. (Research) To increase and sustain university relations with academe, industries, GOs, NGOs, and LGUs for research funding
3. (Extension) To increase and sustain partnership with academe, LGUs, NGOs, industries, and others
4. (Production) To comply with existing laws, policies and other requirements
Goal V: Serve Intergenerational Role by revitalizing the Spiritual, Physical, Economical, Cultural, Intellectual, Emotional, and Social (S.P.E.C.I.E.S.) state
1. To offer programs that embody social, cultural, economical and developmental needs both for local and global markets
2. To champion local culture and languages in the University context through research, extension, and academic programs
3. To document best practices of the University
|C||Competence||It is the capability to apply or use a set of related knowledge, skills, and abilities required to successfully perform "critical work functions" or tasks in a defined work setting.||2 Timothy 3:17. That the man of God may be competent, equipped for every good work. Proverbs 27:17. I will increase my competence when close friends are aware of my weaknesses|
|A||Altruism||It is doing something selflessly without expecting anything in return.||Proverbs 19:17. One who is gracious to a poor man lends to the Lord, and He will repay him for his good deed.
Matthew 5:52. Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. Love your enemies.
|R||Resilience||It is the ability to recover from or adjust to misfortune or change.||Galatians 6:9. And let us not grow weary of doing good, for in due season we will reap, if we do not give up. Romans 12:12. Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer. 2 Corinthians 4:8. We are afflicted in every way, but not crushed; perplexed, but not driven to despair.|
|I||Inclusivity||It is the practice or policy providing equal access to opportunities.||Ephesians 5:21. Submit to one another out of reverence for Christ. Proverbs 22:2. Rich and poor have this in common: the Lord is the Maker of them all.|
|N||Network||It is a group or system of interconnected people or things.||Matthew 7:12. In everything, therefore, treat people the same way you want them to treat you, for this is the Law and the Prophets.|
|G||Godliness||It is the quality or state of being spiritually pure or virtuous.||Matthew 6:33. But seek ye first the kingdom of God, and his righteousness; and all these things shall be added unto you.|
|T||Transparency||It is the principle of allowing those affected by administrative decisions to know about results and about the process that led to decisions.||Proverbs 28:13. Whoever conceals his transgressions will not prosper, but he who confesses and forsakes them will obtain mercy. Matthew 10:20. For it is not you who speak, but the Spirit of your Father speaking through you. 1 John 1:8. If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.|
|E||Effectiveness and Efficiency||It is the capability of producing a desired result and the ability to do things well, successfully, and without waste, respectively.||Colossians 1:29. For this purpose I also labor, striving according to His power, which mightily works within me. Philippians 4:13. I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me.|
|A||Accountability||In ethics and governance, it is answerability, blameworthiness, liability, and the expectation of account-giving.||Romans 14:12. So then each one of us will give an account of himself to God. Proverbs 27:23. Know well the condition of your flocks, and pay attention to your herds. 1 Corinthians 4:2. Now it is required that those who have been given trust must prove faithful.|
|M||Mentoring||It is sharing knowledge, skills, and life experience to guide another towards reaching full potential.||Proverbs 27:17. Iron sharpens iron, and one man sharpens another. Proverbs 22:6. Train up a child in the way he should go; even when he is old he will not depart from it. Proverbs 11:14. Where there is no guidance, people fall, but in an abundance of counselors there is safety.|
Phronetic Organizational Research
|It is a management philosophy and approach in which employees at all levels of an organization are engaged in planning and decision-making to optimize organizational effectiveness.
It is an approach to the study of management and organizations focusing on ethics and power.
|It is a term used to describe an individual or organization that focuses on outcome rather than process used to produce a product of deliver a service.
It is the radical redesign of core business process to achieve dramatic improvements in productivity, cycle times, and quality.
It is an approach that allows an organization to respond to external or internal opportunities and use its creativity to introduce new ideas, processes or products.
|I||Indigenous Knowledge Management||It is the cultural management mechanisms of the selection, collection, creation, storage, presentation, and dissemination of indigenous resources.|
|N||Nurturing||It is the process of influencing people by providing purpose, direction, and motivation.|
|It is the merging of distinct functions, markets, and field of application which can change the way organizations operate.
It is a theory of leadership that supposes a leader’s effectiveness on what suits a particular situation.
|I||Integrative Leadership||It is an emerging approach that fosters collective action across many types of boundaries in order to achieve the common good.|
|P||Path-Goal||It is a theory that a leader’s behavior is contingent to the satisfaction, motivation, and performance of employees.|
|L||Life-Coaching||It is a model that assumes that all changes in a person’s life – large or small, desirable or undesirable, can be as powerful as the one major change.|
|E||Entrepreneurial Leadership||It involves organizing people to achieve a common goal using proactive entrepreneurial behaviors.|
|It is an approach where there is a paradigm shift for professionals to prioritize working with the student’s welfare in mind at all costs.
It involves the application of spiritual values and principles to the workplace.