Aims to promote and implement the public expenditure management policies that are sustainable and supportive to the four fold functions of the University, namely: Instruction, Research, Extension and Production.
The Budget Office in-charge for the preparation, until approval of annual and supplemental budget of the University.
1. General Fund (Subsidy from National Government)
2. Special Trust Fund (income of the University like tuition fees, land rentals, stall fees, sariling sikap and others)
3. University Income Generating Projects
a. Fund 161 (Agribased Project)
b. Fund 163 (Non –Agribased ProjecT
4. College IGPs and Other Trust Funds of the University.
1. Budget Preparations
A. General Fund
In-Charge in the preparations of the following:
a. Budgetary Requirements needed in the budget deliberations in the following stages:
1. Budget Committee
2. Budget Finance Executive Committee
3. Board of Regents
5. Congress/House of Representatives
B. Internal Operating Budget
In Charge in the consolidation of Internal Operating Budget of the University consisting of the following:
a. General Fund – for the information of the approved Budget of the Current year.
b. Special Trust Fund (income of the University like tuition fees, land rentals, stall fees, sariling sikap and others income)
c. University Income Generating Projects
1.Fund 161 (Agribased Project)
2.Fund 163 (Non –Agribased Project)
d. College IGPs and Other Trust Funds of the University.
(consolidation of production plan of different projects.)
2. Budget Execution
1.Maintain and control for the following funds.
c. University IGPs (Funds 161 & 163)
d. College IGPs and Other Trust Funds
2. Pre-audit Vouchers and Purchase Orders (PO) for all funds
3. Give technical assistance to clients (External Campuses, Co- employees, students & other persons)
4. Coordinates to the different sectors regarding the status of their allotments, balances and obligations for the current year.
Prepare the following reports:
1. Montly SAOB for the following accounts:
a. General Fund
c. University IGPs (funds 161 & 163)
d. College IGPc and Other Trust Funds
2. Quarterly Financial Report submitted to COA Central Office
3. Physical & Financial Performance (semi-annual) – submitted to DBM
-basis of DBM for rating the performance of the University
-basis of DBM of the release of the 25% allotment withheld
4. Coordinates the updating of Normative Reports. Budget Office is In charge of updating the Financial Aspects
-basis of CHED in the recommending of our Budget Proposal to DBM.
5. Prepares other reports required by DBM , CHED, COA and other Agency and other offices that maybe required from time to time.
BSU Internal Operating Budget for fiscal year 2012
Benguet State University has a total Internal Operating Budget of four hundred ninety eight million seven hundred fifty eight thousand and seventeen pesos ( P498,758,017) broken down as follows:
a. General Fund (Government Subsidy) P273,878,000.00
b. Special Trust Fund ( STF) –( Tuition fees & Other Income)
Continuing 21,457,061.39 110,874,596.39
c. Trust Funds & College IGPs 61,161,185.00
d. University IGPs
Agribased Income (RF 161) P25,324,165.54
Non-Agribased Income (RF 163) 27,570,070.46 52,894,236.00
Grand Total P498,758,017.00
Note: IOB for Special Trust Funds and IGPs are based on estimates. Hence, actual collection of income
Is necessary to implement the plans as programmed.
(Please see attached for more detailed information)