Benguet State University is now accepting applications for the next president. Applicants must not be less than thirty-five years old and not a day older than the sixty-first birthday at the time of the expiration of the term of the incumbent president; a Filipino Citizen; holder of an earned doctorate degree from a reputable higher education institution; must possess a proven track record as an executive academic leader/administrator in teaching, research, extension, production and public services whether in public or private institutions, for at least five years; and must have unquestionable moral integrity.
An applicant who does not meet any one of the abovementioned minimum qualifications and cannot submit pertinent supporting documentary evidences for these minimum qualifications on the set deadline shall be disqualified from the Search Process.
Interested applicants may send a formal application letter addressed to Commissioner Hon. Lilian A. De Las Llagas, Chairperson, Board of Regents, Benguet State University, Commission on Higher Education (CHED), C.P. Garcia, UP Campus, Diliman, Quezon City.
Attachments to the application letter must include:
1. Detailed Curriculum Vitae, signed under oath / notarized (personal data, educational qualifications, work experience including organizational chart of the institution showing the candidate’s position, research outputs and publications, extension activities, experience in resource generation, awards and certificates, conferences attended);
2. Certified true copy of documents in support of the data stated in the Curriculum Vitae. The HRM/Records Officer of the organization where the applicant comes from may certify to the authenticity of the documents provided that the original is presented to him/her for comparison;
3. Proposed Vision, Mission and Development Goals for the SUC in not more than five pages;
4. Certificates or clearances from Sandiganbayan, Civil Service Commission (CSC), National Bureau of Investigation (NBI), Municipal and Regional Trial Court, Ombudsman (for government employees), and Institution/Company where applicant is presently employed which are obtained not more than six months from the date of filing of application, indicating that the applicant has no final conviction for any administrative or criminal cases;
5. Philippine Statistics Authority (PSA)/NSO-authenticated Birth Certificate;
6. Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness issued by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of hospital or clinic must indicate DOH accreditation number, in case of private hospitals or clinic;
7. results of neuro-psychiatric examination conducted by a physician from a DOH-accredited health institution but not the same institution where the applicant is presently employed. Letterhead of clinic/hospital must indicate DOH accreditation number. The test results shall also include a statement indicating the purpose for which the test is taken, it should be signed or endorsed by the neuro-psychiatric doctor. e.g. “this test was taken in connection with the applicant’s application for the presidency of BSU” and
8. Duly accomplished CSC Form 212 made under oath/ notarized.
Interested applicants must submit one set of original and six certified photocopies of the aforementioned documents on or before August 10, 2020 at 5:00 P.M. (Philippine Standard Time) to either Ms. Merelyn G. Dela Cruz, Secretariat, Search Committee for Presidency (SCP), CHED Central Office, C. P. Garcia Ave., UP Diliman, Quezon City or Dr. Grace T. Bengwayan, Secretariat, Search Committee for Presidency (SCP), Benguet State University, La Trinidad, Benguet.
The Search Committee includes: Atty. Cinderella Filipina Benitez-Jaro, Executive Director, CHED Central Office, Chairperson; Dr. Cecilia N. Gascon, President,Bulacan State University, PASUC Representative; Dr. Jimmy Catanes, CHEDRO Representative; Atty. Leonardo Lee Lawana, Private Sector Representative; and Prof. Vicente G. Panagan, Jr., Academic Sector Representative.
The Search Committee reserves the right to verify the results of the Medical Certificate of Physical Fitness and neuro-psychiatric examination as well as the authenticity of documents submitted and the right to accept or reject any document that it deems to be questionable.