Student Scholarship and Grant Unit
Student scholarships and grants are endowments awarded either by the University or other government and private agencies as well as individual philanthropists to students who excel academically or with exceptional talents to acquire their respective degrees.
• Assists the University solicit scholarships or grants for undergraduate students.
• Assists the funding agencies pre-screen applicants and/or monitor the academic and billing status of qualified applicants.
• Assists the scholars/grantees facilitate the processing of relevant documents, and
• Coordinates with the Office of the University Registrar in the preparation of enrolment and grade reports of grantees and with the University Accounting Office (UAO) in the preparation of student bills to be forwarded to funding agencies.
The University Scholarships and Grants
1. Honorific (Entrance) Scholarship.
2. University Scholarship
3. College Scholarship
4. Other scholarships and privileges to qualified members of the following: (SSG, Glee Club, Lowland Dance Troupe, Highland Dance Troupe, Rondalla, Main Campus ROTC, Athletics, Mt. Collegian, Marching Band, Dramatics.
5. Dependents of BSU Employees (Plantilla position)
Government Scholarships and Grants
Various government agencies also provide scholarship grants to students in the University. The applicants to these scholarships are screened by the concerned government agencies and the lists of qualified applicants are forwarded later to the University.
1. CHED related scholarships and grants (NISGP, SEGEAP, SSP, SP-IEP, DND-PASUC Study Grant Program, SSGP, SAFE 4 SR/ STUFAP, NSP, RSP, HEDP, and other CHED facilitated scholarships)
2. AVE Party List
3. CIBAC Party List
4. BUTIL Party List
5. BUHAY Party List
6. La Trinidad Multi-Scholarship Board
7. DAR Scholarship
8. DOST-SEI Scholarship
9. DILG/SK Scholarship Grant
10. GSIS Scholarship Program
12. MBVJ’s Scholarship Program
13. EJA’s Scholarship
14. FP’s Scholarship Grant
Private Sponsored Scholarship
Some students in the University are also granted scholarships by private institutions. Some of these are:
1. Baguio Bishop’s House
2. Forest Environment Research Institute
3. Lepanto Education Assistance Program for Indigenous Peoples of Benguet
4. Philippine Association of Agriculture and resources Foundation, Inc.
5. ZONTA Club of Baguio
6. IYAMAN Association, Inc.
7. Ceasarea Romero Gil Foundation
8. Igorot Global Organization-Igorot Scholarship Program
9. Jollibee Food Corporation’s Aral Kabuhayan Scholarship Program
10. Cordillera Association of Regional executives.
11. Allied Botanical Corporation’s Scholarship Program
12. Omas Ampaguey Clan
13. Mike Beesley Scholarship Program
14. Benguet State University- Cooperative bank of Benguet fellowship Program
15. BSU Alumni association, Inc
16. Fil-Am Aggies Association, USA.
17. Soka Gakkai Philippines Scholarship Grant
1. Certificate of Scholarship Award (for new scholars)
2. Enrollment Form
3. General Weighted Average (GWA) from the Office of the University Registrar (OUR) for Academic scholars and recipients of scholarship grants with GWA requirement.
4. Accomplished SSGU Forms
5. Certificate of Good Moral Character
6. (other documents that may be required depending on the scholarship or grant being availed)
OSA- SSGU is accepting partner-donors to help our youth pursue college education.