Executive Summary for 3rd Quarter 2011
A total of 7,914 students for the first semester SY 2011-2012 enrolled and classes started in June 6, 2011. Two landed top ten in Veterinary Licensure Examination. Dr. Rosalinda Papag No. 6 and Dr. Paul Abaya No. 9. Ms. Maricris Lad-ey placed Top 3 in the Guidance Counselor Licensure Examination. BSU was visited by AACCUP regarding Institutional Accreditation on August 18, 2011. Ms. Jane Aprille S. Luis is one of the 32 finalists in the National Search for Ten Outstanding Students of the Philippines (TOSP).
In Research and Development, HORTI continue to conduct 3 crop management, 2propagation, 6 cultural management, 4 pest management and 1 processing projects. Implemented the newly approved PCARRD-funded R&D Program on Organic Arabica Coffee Production in Benguet; with a budget for three years.
• Farmers started reservation of strawberry planting materials from tissue culture for the planting season this September to October
• Dispersal of 5,000 chrysanthemum rooted cuttings and 300 potted, tissue cultured banana seedlings are available for dispersal
• 34 Organic farmer cooperators were given area of 500 sq. m each at BSU Organic Demo Farm.
• BSU on the Air completed 315 minutes airtime with CHET faculty on nutrition
• Conducted 25 trainings and workshop as requested by clienteles and farmer beneficiaries not only in Cordillera but nationwide
• Published one issue BSU Research Journal, and RANGTAY
Trainings and workshops:
• BSU Researchers (8) participated in one International (Symposium on Underutilized Plant Species: Crops for the Future Beyond Food Security), 18 National, 9 Regional and 8 Local trainings in various fields
Publications and Copyright:
• Nine publications were copyrighted
• Nine publications were filed for September 2011
• Seven personnel were appointed to service, three reappointed, one promoted and two change of status
• For the period two trainings conducted for the faculty and staff of BSU and joined the national tree planting activities
• Completed two Infrastructure project and monitored four On-going in the Campus for a total cost of PhP 7,145,528.77.
Governance and Special Projects:
• Approved in principle Graceland 23 Project Proposal
• Continued the training for ISO 9001:2008 on Quality and Productivity Approaches
• Accommodated visitors from Yogyakarta, Indonesia and facilitated the signing of MOA between BSU and University of Battambang in Cambodia last July 25, 2011
• Dispersed more than 5,000 propagules of Chinese bamboo to the Baguio Diocese c/o Bishop Carlito Cenzon
• BSU participated in the National Greening program in July 2011 in response to the EO No. 26 by President Aquino