Strategies, Plan of Action & Priorities
The vision for BSU should be based on a clear understanding of its mandate, its development potentials and limitations.
In fulfilling this mandate, not all planned programs or activities can be sufficiently funded and the impact of efforts spread over a wide range of scope can be less than what is expected. A more practical approach is to strive for a plan that is focused on a few concerns but will clear priorities. The priority programs to be covered will be focused on the following:
1. Invest greater efforts on resource generation and judicious use of resources
2. More specific thrusts orientation and directions of the four-fold functions of the university namely Instruction, Research, Extension and Production
3. Reinforced policy advocacy, policy instruments and development, and the use of technologies particularly the effective, location specific, and the emerging ones.<!--.span-->
4. Strengthening of Human Resource Development programs to sustain the commitment to academic excellence by giving more opportunities for professional advancement and upgrading of facilities.
5. Strengthening the university ICT program making it a primary vehicle for research collaboration and data sharing for technology diffusion, and for the open and distance learning programs.
6. Ensure reward and incentives for outstanding performance of faculty and staff and promote merit as a basis in the reward system
7. Strengthening the faculty-student interactions and provide a conducive environment, activities and programs that will enhance physical, social and cultural development of students